Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Software Engineering (Hybrid)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20222211-93774
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Software Engrg - Hybrid
Job Code: CS20222211-93774
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Manager, Software Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Rochester, NY facility and offers a Hybrid and 9/80 work schedule.
The L3Harris Communication Systems segment is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Manager, Software Engineering well versed in all phases of the software life cycle, to join an engineering organization that designs leading edge communications products. This individual will work in a team environment to manage the development of systems that require the design, implementation, and integration of embedded software solutions for radio and/or other communications products. This Manager will help develop creative solutions for our customer's problems. As a technical and team leader of the staff, the successful candidate will demonstrate initiative in the efficient development of complex systems throughout the product lifecycle. Additionally, this person will be comfortable working with geographically distributed development teams. The successful candidate will be expected to possess a thorough understanding of technical challenges including both the development methods as well as enforcing organizational behaviors to ensure quality. Experience with embedded C/C++ software development is expected.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage project execution to align with scope, budget and schedule
- Manage entire product implementation cycle including system/software requirements analysis, high-level and detailed design, implementation, testing, integration, documentation
- Provide project status and reporting to stakeholders that align with key project milestones and strategy
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of best practices for design processes, software/FPGA design, code development processes and release processes
- Project planning, including cost, schedule, and resource estimates
- Support risk management and critical path scheduling standards for projects
- Functional management of a team of 8 software engineers
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to convey technical and business matters in a clear and logical manner
- Work collaboratively with test, manufacturing, logistics, product and program management and other groups, as well as, external customers as needed to define and execute product development projects and deliver high-quality radio products
- Support collection and analysis of metrics related to project execution and software performance
- Support new business pursuits, proposals, and Basis of Estimates (BOE)
- Identify and implement engineering process improvements, promoting cross-team and cross-functional collaboration and re-use
- Support recruiting efforts at the both the team and segment level
- Provide mentoring, career development, talent assessments and performance reviews of staff
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- DOD Secret clearance / ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with all phases of the software project development life cycle, including software and/or FPGA analysis, design, development, testing, and automation tools
- Experience with Capability Maturity Model (CMM)/Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) systems and software development processes
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Knowledge or Experience with Earned Value Management
- Six Sigma training or strong working knowledge
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.