Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Machine Builder/ Fabricator / Tool Maker
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20222806-85290
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Machine Builder/ Fabricator / Tool Maker
Job Code: SAS20222806-85290
Job Location: Rochester, New York
The Assembly Integration and Test Focus Factory of L3 Harris Space and Airborne Systems located in Rochester, New York, is looking for an Experienced Machine Builder / Tool Maker to perform a variety of operations primarily the assembly & integration of high value and highly complex electromechanical and opto-mechanical space flight hardware to tight tolerance specifications. Scope is focused on the timely execution of assigned tasks as an individual contributor and function well within a team environment. This role involves working directly with engineers on the design, development and assembly of new and existing products to optimize design for manufacturability.
A machine builder/tool maker in this role requires the ability to read and interperat engineering drawings/blueprints/schematics and detailed work instructions to successfully build, itegrate and assist in the testing of complex assemblys including electromechanical and optomechanical builds. This person is required to maintian accurate records and manufacturing documentation, speak clearly and concisely, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
Work is performed as individual contributor as well as within a team environment working with cross functional teams from test, design engineering, manufacturing engineering, and quality. Working with the team to identify problems and suggest solutions when needed.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or prototyping environment.
- Must be mechanically inclined, and be able to work with very fragile and precise assemblies
- Proficient in shop equipment including but not limited to Mills, Lathes, Grinders and precision measuring equipment.
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Willingness to work overtime, shift work, weekends and holidays as needed to complete a task
- Requires HS Diploma or GED
- Understands and adheres to established policies, procedures and proper labor charging practices
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and be willing to submit to a background investigation, as a government security clearance might be required for this position.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Associates Degree or Skilled Journeyman Certification.
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Experience in an Electrical/Mechanical/Optical discipline.
- Able to be certified to IPC JSTD or comparable NASA certifications.
- Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Aerospace or Defense industry experience.
- Experience with CMM or Laser Tracker measurement tools.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.