Lead, Systems Engineering (Radiometry/Calibration) - Rochester or Wilmington
Rochester, New York; Wilmington, MassachusettsJob ID SAS20212402-57135
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer (Radiometry/Calibration)
Job Code: SAS20212402-57135
Job Location:Rochester, NY or Wilmington, MA
Provides engineering services, primarily in the area of calibration and radiometry of remote or airborne systems, as a technical specialist for research, evaluation and verification of highly complex optical systems built for space applications. Uses the application of engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve complex problems associated with spaceflight hardware. Throughout a life cycle, will lead the requirements, design, development, test and verification of complex engineering hardware. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Regularly called upon to function in a project leadership role. Evaluates and provides input to change request assessments. Communicates Technical Performance Measures (TPMs), technical issues and status to systems/supervisory leadership. Interacts with teammates and customers to ensure alignment. May take part in putting together proposals, configurations and product offerings.
- Lead program milestone reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, FCA/PCA, PSR).
- Collaborate across all levels of leadership.
- Technical Subject Matter Expertise in Electrical, Mechanical, Optical or equivalent engineering Discipline.
- Architect an end-to-end space system with a full understanding of the product lifecycle.
- BS degree in Engineering, Physics, or other related scientific discipline with 9 plus years relevant systems engineering work and/or space systems experience and general knowledge of systems engineering processes or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Matlab, IDL, Python or C/C++ useful for problem solving.
- Active/current Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- In addition to the relevant systems engineering work 3 years relevant experience with optical systems and/or sensor systems technology, design, manufacture, integration, test and operations.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, ability to interact with a cross functional team, act as customer interface.
- Experience with project management aspects of technology development programs.
- Experience with MBSE.
- Experience with estimating and managing costs.
- Experience with creating and managing schedules.
- Mission and general ground understanding.
- Experience with Interconnect Diagrams and allocation and budgets.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering standards and processes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.