Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20230803-98141
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer
Job Code: CS20230803-98141
Job Location: USA - Rochester - NY
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Lead, Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Rochester-NY facility.
The Systems Engineering team is looking for experienced pre-sales engineers that can design and develop tactical communications solutions for our international customers. In this customer-facing role, the systems pre-sales engineer would provide technical expertise to support the development of mission system solutions in support of new business pursuits, demonstrations, and proposal efforts within the international tactical systems business. The ideal candidate understands tactical communications with a desire to learn about new customers and cultures
This engineer will work directly with the international sales team, key customers, stakeholders, and partners in support of growing the international business unit.
- Directing and supporting pursuit and capture approach, requirements definition, architecture development, system design and integration efforts.
- Providing tactical communications subject matter expertise to customers, sales, program management, and systems engineering regarding tactical system solution architectures as it applies to customer CONOPS
- Identifying new opportunities for the Tactical Communications business and networked systems solutions product offerings
- Serving as a voice of the customer to provide timely feedback engineering and product line management.
- Driving customer interest in new products and features through complex system demonstrations.
- Support front end business development activities including planning, customer visits, technical briefings, and proposal developments.
- The ability to draw on internal resources to generate accurate estimates for NRE and recurring costs.
- The ability to provide short-term technical support to internal and external customers when necessary.
- The ability to complete assignments on a self-directed basis with only high-level direction provided at the start of tasking.
- Establish strategic working relationships with engineering project managers as well as functional teams and technical leads.
- Travels 20% approx internationally
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Engineering (BSEE or BSCE) with 9 years of relevant experience in systems engineering or product design engineering; or, Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering (MSEE or MSCE) with 7 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with internal organizations (Sales, Program Management, and Product Line Management) to complete assigned project
- Ability to partner with stake holders and team leaders to identify needs and develop marketable Tactical Communication System solutions which provide customer value.
- Proven and effective communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus are a must
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance; or, ability to obtain a US DoD Secret Clearance
- Military background
- Ability to speak multiple languages
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.