Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Program Manager
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20221506-84229
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20221506-84229
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris Space Systems is seeking a Lead Program Manager to support the National Electro-Optical Systems business area. Programs are focused on systems development and delivery and/or technology development. The Lead Program Manager is responsible for overall program management and is accountable for program execution, customer satisfaction, and financial performance for their programs under the Imaging Division. This program manager role will lead the program from inception to completion. This position is located in Rochester, NY.
• Management of small-medium size/complexity program(s)
• Accountable for the cost, schedule, technical performance, and customer satisfaction of the program
• Utilize program management best practices to ensure successful execution
• Primary customer liaison for all program activities
• Effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders
• Support the business area to meet financial commitments
• Support/lead new business proposal and capture
• Foster cross-business area/segment collaboration
• Work in a highly dynamic and changing environment and adapt to shifting customer priorities
• Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them
• Define improvement opportunities for the company and drive implementation
• Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Effectively negotiate program/contract terms, scope, and/or changes
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior program management or analogous leadership experience; Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 5 years of prior related experience
• Knowledge of Government contracting practices
• Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams or manage across the enterprise
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Current understanding of electro-optical satellite and payload products
• PMP Certification
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.