Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Electrical Engineer – IPT Lead/Project Management
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20221706-84474
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Electrical Engineer – IPT Lead/Project Management
Job Code: SAS20221706-84474
Job Location:Rochester, NY
This position will lead an Integrated Product Team (IPT) within the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) Segment of L3Harris. This team, is located in the Rochester, NY facility, that designs, builds, integrates, and tests, electro-optical imaging payloads. These instruments contain complex analog, power, digital, and FPGA electronics. Responsibilities include managing a cross functional technical design team with full technical, cost, & budget responsibility. Products include electronics, cables, & test equipment in the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) Segment of L3Harris. The ideal candidate will be an experienced IPTL or project manager that has cradle to grave design experience and a proven history of cross site / cross functional project management. Key responsibilities include:
- Support cross site working group to ensure knowledge sharing and pairing of less experienced project managers with more experience project managers
- Thorough understanding of DOD Earned Value Metrics (EVMS) with a minimum of 3 years of experience using EVMS
- Effective communication with senior leadership and customers
- Develop strong working relationship with peers, management, and product development team
- Support technical proposal and Basis of Estimate generation
- Accountable for performance of the scope, schedule, and technical requirements of assigned program deliverables
- Implement root cause corrective action for design escapes and program execution issues
- Develop collaborative relationships with Engineering Managers, Group Leads, and Program Leadership to support business demands
- Perform risk assessments on proposals and programs
- Support pursuits and technical proposals, including Basis of Estimates as needed
- Provide technical evaluation and oversight of program execution
- Lead technical issue resolution teams when required
- Lead and participate on Technical Independent Review Teams (IRT)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
- Capable of obtaining a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- 9+ years Relevant Engineering & Project Leadership Work Experience with a proven track-record in aerospace, military, or space applications
- Circuit design experience
- Experience leading technical cross functional teams
- Project Management Experience (Technical, Cost, & Schedule)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience working with Space-borne, Aerospace, or Military Electronic Systems
- Functional Management Experience
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable results
- Proactively seek feedback and desire to continually improve
- Supplier management and procurement experience
- Analog & digital design experience
- FPGA design experience
- Space electronics design experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience performing risk analysis and developing risk mitigation plans
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $25M+.
- Experience managing 15+ people in technical cross functional teams
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.