Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Configuration Management Lead
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20221611-93571
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Configuration Management Lead
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20221611-93571
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Lead Software Configuration Management member to join our team. This position will be based at our Rochester, NY facility.
Experienced professional needed to design and establish Configuration Management (CM) documentation and procedures. Will act as primary interface in the administration of the CM PLM tool. Authorizes the release of drawings and changes specified by Program or Engineering Management. Provides advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- Responsible for leading a team through research, design, and development of CM and other PLM Process Workflows.
- Develop project plans, provide technical oversight, design, implement, test, and maintain configuration workflows for CM products.
- Respond to General questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Support external audits such as CMMI, ISO/AQAP Audit Rep
- Responsible for analyzing Program proposal requirements to estimate resource and costs needs to fulfill requirements.
- Ability to construct CM Plans and CDRL documents for Program work.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Schedule, conduct and document CM activities such as configuration control board, CM audits, and problem report review meetings
- Support engineering and program management through facilitation of initial releases and engineering changes
- Ensure conformance of delivered software and hardware configuration items (CIs) to product development plans, statement of work, contract data requirements list, program CM plans, procedures and contractual requirements associated with the CM process
- Responsible for CM planning associated with the identification, release and control of CS products including documents, software/hardware, customer deliverables, etc.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and enforce CM plans, processes and procedures to ensure artifacts are identifiable and maintainable
- Support functional administrator responsibilities for Oracle Agile PLM application.
- Leverage HBX tools and processes to architect and optimize practical solutions and methodologies that are scalable and can achieve the required CM organizational objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Configuration Management Professional Certification – NDIA CDM, CMPIC, ICM CMII
- Experience with Oracle Agile PLM application or Siemens Teamcenter PLM application
- Practical knowledge of one or more of the following CM practices, processes and standards: EIA-649B, EIA-649-1, MIL-HDBK-61A, ANSI Drawing Standards, ISO, CMMI, and ISO 9001 is preferred
- Well-organized with good communication skills
- Working or expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Able to multitask and interact with customer functions along with attention to detail and working well under pressure
- Experience with software, electrical, and mechanical engineering documents is desirable.
- Proven and effective communications skills and professional behavior.
- Experience with process improvements in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
- Prior experience using and administrating a PLM tool or CAD tool.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.