Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Category Program Management (Rochester, NY)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20222911-93986
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Category Program Management
Job Code: SAS20222911-93986
Job Location: Rochester, NY - Remote Possible
- Subject matter expert with knowledge of category area and in-depth knowledge of project management who will lead all aspects of the procurement process
- Determines feasibility of material, components, specifications or requirements and supports supplier development activities, including proposal support and engineering change impacts to Supply Chain
- Responsible for managing supplier cost, schedule, and technical performance, and ensuring L3Harris and Customer objectives are achieved, including on-time delivery, exceptional quality, and affordability with the ability to monitor & assess project issues and develop mechanisms & resolutions to meet goals
- Partners with Engineering, Program Team, Material Managers, Buyers, and Suppliers to drive alignment with commodity strategies for supply base optimization and lowest total acquisition cost
- Analysis of markets and strategic sourcing to align with business goals
- Develop, maintain, and manage strategic relationships with suppliers to achieve Program, Customer, and Corporate goals for sales, orders, and profit
- Establish & manage major milestones throughout programs, including analysis of supplier capacity and capabilities. Will ensure supplier ability to supply parts with on-going adjustment of material flow for adequate line fill and inventory optimization
- Responsible for initiating corrective action measures with Suppliers when necessary and assessing trends in performance to prevent delays or cost overrun
- Develop, drive, and execute supply chain transformation and improvement projects. Must have functional and operational experience in the Supply Chain Management and Operations domains who can understand, analyze, and define business requirements. This individual must be able to use hands-on, cross-functional approaches to identify pain points and drive improvements. Must have the passion, business acumen, and experience to drive best-in-class supply chain processes and efficiencies
- Provide timely and accurate Supply Chain updates to Senior Management.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor the efficient movement of material from identification of the requirement to delivery to the end user.
- Monitor and reconcile any relevant Supply Chain disruptions that develop throughout the program lifecycle.
- Participate and/or lead projects/teams as assigned.
- Identify process improvements and facilitate implementation.
- Motivated self-starter well versed in the procurement process flow.
- Strong, in-depth knowledge in project management.
- Initiate and implement early engagement and integration with cross-functional organizations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions.
- Apply innovation, comprehensive information gathering, analysis, and investigation to solve complex problems.
- Ability to navigate FAR regulations and internal procedures for compliance.
- Support Small Business Initiatives, as applicable.
- Follow strategic direction set by Program and functional leadership.
- Must be available for business travel (up to 25%)
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9 years of prior related experience, OR Graduate degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement experience.
- Must be available for business travel (up to 25%)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoD Clearance is desired, but not required
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and advanced concepts
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain processes
- Knowledge of, and experience with, FAR, MMAS, SOX, and CAS requirements, as well as ITAR and EAR regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Lean Six Sigma experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.