Lead, Capture Manager
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20203011-53732
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Capture Manager
Job Code: SAS20203011-53732
Job Location: Rochester, New York
L3Harris Space Systems is seeking a Lead Capture Manager to support the National Electro-Optical Systems (NEOS) business. The Lead Capture Manager is responsible for increasing L3Harris’s win probability for assigned opportunities from identification through award. The Capture Manager identifies the resources needed to pursue a business opportunity; oversees bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies; and manages the transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award.
The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the capture of multiple opportunities simultaneously across varying stages of maturity. They will engage and lead diverse teams in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating business acumen and ability to influence, motivate and drive financial results.
- Perform market research, including analysis of customer budgets, capability requirements, and incumbency/competitiveness assessments.
- Fully understand customer mission gaps, constraints and objectives, and map L3Harris enterprise-wide capabilities to customer needs.
- Lead development of creative, entrepreneurial value propositions and business cases for customers based on their needs or market feedback to uniquely position the NEOS business area to capture new opportunities.
- Drive qualification, assessment and development of new business opportunities
- Develop budget for capture activities, provide recommendations for allocation of discretionary resources, and manage execution to the assigned budget
- Coordinate and manage capture/gate activities and internal reviews per L3Harris Common Capture Process, coordinate and manage customer briefings
- Influence both internal leadership and external customers through clear, concise and powerful communication
- Develop win strategies, customer engagement strategies, and translate these strategies into detailed capture and proposal development plans
- Drive capture activities within a matrix environment through collaboration
- Work within a highly dynamic and changing environment and adapt to shifting customer priorities
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 9 years of prior capture business experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Dynamic, success driven, entrepreneurial self-starter that drives change every day for a stronger, better business
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Experience implementing strategies to influence external stakeholders for business advantage
- Proven track record of successful capture across multiple organizations
- Demonstrated ability in competitive analysis, customer analysis, win strategy development, proposal and color team leadership and price-to win analysis.
- Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and lead high performance teams
- Current understanding of customer needs and existing national defense architecture
- Current understanding of working with electro-optical satellite and payload products
- Knowledge of Government contracting practices
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.