Inventory Management Support B
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Inventory Management Support B
Job Code: CS20200911- 52878
Job Location: Rochester, NY
This is a 2nd shift Inventory Management Support position in support of manufacturing operations. Responsible for performing the physical or administrative tasks supporting the receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary. Receives incoming materials, unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications. Maintains records of received goods, packing sheets, and other documents. Stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. Lifts heavy items and may operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, tow motors, forklifts, etc. upon receipt of internal certification. Knowledge of material handling procedures and Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
This is a 2nd shift position**
- High school diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an inventory management role.
- Strong knowledge of MRP systems, preferred in Oracle.
- Ability to follow and resolve movement of material using transaction history MRP systems, preferred in Oracle.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile on hand discrepancies between MRP systems, preferred in Oracle.
- Proficiency in Excel – used to create reports and data load transactions into Oracle.
- Ability to track/reconcile material movements.
- Support and resolve system interface issues.
- Understanding of Cycle Count process.
- Facilitator for cycle count process as required by internal/external auditors.
- Investigate and reconcile cycle count discrepancies.
- Ability to facilitate replenishment process for product material.
- Understanding of attrition process for SMT components.
- Ability to work with planning, quality, operations, and engineering to highlight and resolve issues.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.