Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20211803-58283
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spec, Creative Services / Graphic Designer
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20211803-58283
Dream More. Do More. Do you have big creative ideas with fresh and effective designs from concept to completion? Are you passionate about understanding forward-leaning products so you can develop persuasive design solutions? Do you want to be a part of a growing global technology company?
- We are seeking an experienced graphic designer for our Global Communication Systems sector that has a versatile skill set and is eager to tackle everything from advertising to tradeshow graphics.
- The right candidate will independently handle projects from concept to completion for both digital and printed formats. The pace is fast.
- The team is smart. You will collaborate with our sales team to develop visual content used in bids and proposals (customer briefs, PowerPoint, OVs, etc.) and with our experienced marketing team to develop and execute accurate files for multiple platforms (advertising, social media, collateral, tradeshow, email, web and presentations).
- This position requires a creative problem solver with the ability to generate big ideas that communicate a compelling message.
- Successful candidates will be energetic, curious and constantly seeking to develop their skills by keeping abreast of learning new technologies.
- If your portfolio is highly creative and features strong examples of compelling digital and print design, then apply today. An online portfolio demonstrating a variety of high-quality, original designs must be included with your application.
- Collaborate with Sales/Proposal team to create compelling, business-winning visual materials.
- Actively contribute and collaborate with marketing managers, designers, writers, interactive designers, photographers, web developers, videographers – including with external agencies – to create engaging and inspirational printed and digital materials
- Focus on attention to detail ensuring files are accurate and delivered on time
- Accurately prepare and manage a high volume of creative assets to ensure consistency, ease of access and ability to share projects and content with colleagues
- Understand and adhere to L3Harris brand guidelines
- Ability to support cross-sector overflow work as needed
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint
- Follow creative brief guidance for projects as shared and submitted by marketing manager (including assets, input, deadlines, etc.).
- Coordinate workflow process among creative team members and marketing manager. Track progress of creative deliverables, generate a weekly status report for key stakeholders, advise on changes to creative project scope and schedule as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Arts and Media or other related field and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or,
- Graduate Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Arts and Media or other related field and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- A keen sense of visual hierarchy and typography
- Critical thinker with a strong drive for excellence and team success
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions to problems
- Ability to take creative direction and incorporate feedback
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the design process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-house and agency experience
- Working knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience art directing a photoshoot
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects and Ceros (ideal, but not required)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.