Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Environmental Health & Safety Associate (New Grad - Rochester, NY)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20211709-69556
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Environmental Health & Safety Associate (New Grad – Rochester, NY)
Job Code: SAS20211709-69556
Job Location: Rochester, NY
- Participates and supports the development, implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Health and Safety Management System that conforms to internal and external standards and requirements
- Develops and deploys programs for the prevention and control of environmental risks, including compliance with air permits, construction permits, solid and hazardous wastes, wastewater operations, release notifications and all environmental reporting requirements
- Conducts site wide environmental, health and safety audits. Analyzes and interprets results, recommends appropriate corrective actions, communicates results and follows up on issues or concerns through completion
- Ensures all environmental, health and safety incidents are promptly reported
- Participates in review and approval of operations/facilities projects that involve proposed modification of any existing process, equipment or material as well as proposed introduction of any new process, equipment or material to ensure compliance with all general environmental rules as well as air pollution control, storm water management, RCRA, or other such construction permitting requirements
- Leads site air permit compliance program, collection of required records/calculations, oversight of inspection activities, semi-annual reports, annual emissions reporting, deviation management, change management, and training of affected employees
- Manages site wastewater operations, ensures required compliance records are maintained, completes required reporting, and submits forms in a timely and complete manner to Municipal and/or State agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in related Environmental, Science, Chemical or Engineering field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Experience in preparing Tier II and TRI/Form R reports, NPDES wastewater and storm water reports, and hazardous/residual waste reports
- FE, CHMM and/or ASP/CSP a plus
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective written/verbal communication and organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, maintain flexibility, and work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products at an advanced level
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.