Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Operational Excellence
Rochester, New York; Londonderry, New HampshireJob ID CS20231209-105951
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Operational Excellence
Job Code: CS20231209-105951
Job Location: Rochester, NY or Londonderry, NH (On-Site)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Project Management – Demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple priorities at once. Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills with the ability to engage individuals across all levels in the organization.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing – Demonstrates knowledge of providers, industry trends, technology, and improvement strategies and be able to translate into development of standard work.
- Problem Solving – Identifies/anticipates potential problems, conducts root cause analysis, evaluates robustness of corrective action plan and oversees plan implementation. Ability to solve complex, operational issues across the enterprise.
- Advocates for the Customer – Possess a strong customer service orientation and provide dedicated support for internal customer requirements. Responsible for improving upon existing processes or establishing new systems using conceptualization, reasoning and interpretation.
- Interpersonal – Strong leadership competencies with a focus
- Ability to travel approximately 25% - 50% of time
- Drive projects to completion using established project management and Operational Excellence tools
- Develop robust standard work on deploying all BOS processes for operational excellence deployment, with primary focus on company’s model sites
- Deploys strategy across all operational areas and processes by utilizing lean, six sigma and SGD
- Develop a strong working relationship with site ops leaders – understand and advocate for their needs and co-develop the path the achieve it by deploying e3
- Partner with segment and sector e3 teams and finance to deploy perimeter cost strategy across the segment
- Collaborates with sectors to identify opportunities and influence improvement initiatives and operational processes consistent with our Business Operating System and culture of continuous improvement
- Collaborates with CHQ and segment leadership to foster a learning culture – benchmark constantly to adopt best and standard practices
- Liaise between segment, sector and enterprise leadership teams to provide project updates at regularly scheduled cadence
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 19 years of prior related experience.
- Masters’ degree preferred
- Six sigma Green/Black belt or Lean Expert/Master Certification preferred
- 10+ years project management, manufacturing, and/or operations experience
- Strong proficiency with project management tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, etc.) and/or ability to quickly adapt to any required software platform
- Professional communication (verbal and written), collaboration and influencing skills are required
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $118,500-$219,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.