FPGA Verification Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Sr. Spec, Electrical Engrg
Job Location – Columbia, MD
Job ID – CS20210804-59376
Candidate will work in a cooperative team environment to verify and test embedded FPGA firmware for software-defined radio applications. Candidate will be required to analyze requirements, create test specifications/plans, create UVM test benches in System Verilog, and verify designs meet requirements. Candidate will work with cross functional teams to verify FPGA solutions for radio product development projects.
- Perform FPGA design verification and validation using SystemVerilog and UVM/OVM verification techniques
- Proven ability and experience in simulating, verifying, and testing ASIC/FPGA designs for electronic equipment or other embedded communications systems.
- Develop randomized and directed test to achieve closure on functional coverage and provide feedback to team to reach 100% functional coverage
- Lead development of high-level and detailed verification test plans and test benches consistent with system requirements and specifications
- Mentor and oversee a small team of verification engineers
- Work with cross functional teams as needed to define and verify product and design requirements.
- Prepare design and implementation reviews. Present technical briefings and status to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work efficiently with remotely located teams and co-workers under minimal direction
BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering discipline with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience Or Graduate Degree with 7 years prior relevant experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Expert in FPGA/ASIC verification using SystemVerilog
- In-depth knowledge of UVM/OVM methodology with the ability to create a block level UVM testbenches from bottoms up.
- Ability to create/develop Agents, Test sequences, Covergroups, Predictors, Scoreboards
- Ability to use Questa Advanced Functional Verification tools to report functional coverage
- Highly motivated, self-starter, who works well in team environments and is willing to lead and mentor others.
- Solid technical writing skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts/solutions both inside and outside of the organization.
- In depth working knowledge and experience with vendor specific FPGA verification tools (Mentor Questa, Visualizer)
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Proficient in VHDL/Verlilog coding for synthesis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and debug FPGA firmware and related hardware issues
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming(C++, JAVA)
- Working knowledge of Ethernet Standard and design experience related to Ethernet packet processing.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.