Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Communications Associate (New Grad-Rochester, NY)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20233006-103164
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Communications Associate (New Grad-Rochester, NY)
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job ID: CS20233006-103164
- Assist in the development and launch of new product lines and/or product improvements; tasks may include market research, existing line extensions, collateral creation and promotions.
- Assist in creating and delivering training programs for sales reps and follow up with them to ensure timely and efficient field support. May assist in setting up training to sales reps.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop promotional pieces, collateral and design packaging.
- Work with Inventory Management/ Product Line Management developing go to market strategy to ensure proper stock levels and service level goals are met quarterly. Including product promotions.
- Develop and implement messaging and communications materials in alignment with strategic product marketing campaigns and critical business pursuits.
- Conceptualize and work with creative teams to produce print and digital marketing communications materials for multiple stakeholder audiences. These may include, but are not limited to, brochures and fact sheets, email and web content, advertisements, white papers, case studies, customer briefing packages, video scripts, presentations, and trade show exhibit materials.
- Develop and execute content strategies that support our product marketing and go-to-market initiatives across multiple social media channels, with a particular focus on LinkedIn.
- Support the marketing department's initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email and content marketing.
- Interview subject matter experts in advanced technologies to craft finely honed messages and stories that resonate with L3Harris target audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- Excellent presentation skills for large and small groups
- Occasional travel may be required
- Must have strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, written communication, and follow-up skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.