L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spec, Software Engrg
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20210604-59182
- Do you have a passion for data analysis and software development?
- Do you want to play a key role in providing insight to engineering leadership in making critical business decisions?
- As a Data Analyst joining the Engineering Metrics and Tools team, you will apply the principles of Software Engineering to assist with data mining and analysis activities in support of Corporate and Sector level process and productivity measurement and improvement projects.
- This position is data-intensive; utilizing SQL and scripting tools to collect, analyze, and report on key metrics across the engineering organization.
- Responsibilities include gathering metric and process improvement requirements, understanding underlying data systems, developing methods and mechanisms for accessing, processing and analyzing data, supporting Data Warehousing and developing dashboards and other visualization techniques.
- Qualify analysis needs and work product requirements of internal clients.
- Translate client needs and requirements into specific data, logic and reporting requirements and work plans.
- Structure analysis to provide conclusive insights that directly align to decision-making.
- Prioritize and balance multiple activities and proactively communicate status to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Understand data sources and logic to ensure accurate, efficient and timely deliverables.
- Build, run and automate data queries, analysis and reports with Visual Basic, SQL and Tabelau.
- Identify and log data issues and work toward resolution.
- Strong math, computer and problem-solving skills
- Experience with MS Office products, especially scripting in Excel.
- Experience with defect tracking (Jira) and workplace collaboration (Collaborator) tools, data warehouses and Tableau.
- Proficient in use of the DMAIC model for SW process improvements. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt desired.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Finance, Project Management and Quality organizations to develop solutions towards data capture and reporting
- Structured thinker with high detail orientation.
- Must be able to work independently while collaborating with a number of engineering and cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience or (2 years with an MS degree) developing software solutions with experience in all complete SW development lifecycle activities.
- At least 2 years experience using databases and SQL tools for data analysis, data mining and/or reporting.
- US citizenship is required.
- Experience/knowledge of Capability Maturity Model (CMM)/Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) systems and software development process
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.