Business Analyst (New Grad - Rochester, NY)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20211501-55134
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Data Analyst with a background in computer science with software development, and knowledge of the latest technologies to design and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations.
- Innovate, develop, and refine, integrations between current applications
- Create statistical modeling and experiment design
- Building prototypes for data visualization
- Testing and validation of predictive models
- Designing new processes and algorithms to handle large, complex data sets
- Leveraging expertise to examine data from multiple sources to discover new patterns and insights
- Leveraging knowledge of large data sets to characterize uncertainty through statistical methods
- Studying new and diverse data sources
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of use cases, estimates and work plans
- Document new and updated procedures
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Hands-on experience working both Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Model-based design experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience of Data Analysis, Data Management, and Data Warehousing using Oracle and PL/SQL
- Oracle/Agile, SAP experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.