Assoc Mgr, Engrg Services
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20212202-56976
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assoc Mgr, Engrg Services
Job Code: CS20212202-56976
Job Location: Rochester, NY
- The Defense Focus Factory is seeking a technical-skilled people leader capable of managing, mentoring, and coaching a team of Manufacturing Technicians responsible for performing product service, test, troubleshoot, and warranty statement of work on airborne RF products and integrated RF systems based on unqiue, customer-specific engineering designs. This position requires extensive RF technology knowledge and expertise to interface with Product Support Engineering, Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations and Planning teams to resolve day-to-day tactical issues.
- Comfortable supporting the design, documentation, requirements management, integration, troubleshooting and/or testing analysis of electronic, mechanical and/or software devices, products and systems.
- Lead, direct, and review the work of direct report(s) to accomplish near-term operational plans and results, and capable of providing input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and compensation decisions.
- Work with development engineers to support and recommend resolutions. Understand and apply applicable engineering processes. Develop plans and schedules for short-term work activities. Interface with engineering teams and elevate significant problems to appropriate management.
- Communicate within and outside own function, which includes customers or vendors. Explain, interpret, and gain cooperation on policies, practices, and processes to others within the organization. Make moderate to substantial improvements to processes, systems, and solutions. Plan and establish goals and objectives for a team with direct impact on the short-term operational results for the department.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, tactics, and employees within a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 6 years prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior RF technology and electronics product test experience, preferably with high-voltage power supplies.
- Working experience using digital oscilloscopes, digital meters, current amplifiers and probes, differential probes, thermal chambers, and other common test equipment.
- Must be able to work from schematics, drawings, engineering specifications, data sheets, wiring diagrams, and verbal and written instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of safety practices utilized when working with RF and high voltage.
- Effective communication skills to provide status and reports regarding troubleshooting findings on failed units and general unit status
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.