Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director – Sales/Business Development
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director – Sales/Business Development
Location: Saudi Arabia-Riyadh
Job ID: CS20233005-101324
A growing organisation within Defence Industry with a successful product portfolio in the C4ISR area is seeking a Director of Sales/Business Development to lead the Saudi region. In this pivotal and highly visible leadership role you will be responsible for shaping and executing the growth strategy for the region, leading capture of key pursuits, managing a team in achieving annual plans and developing organizational capability closer to customers.
Part of a larger global business you will hold an important stakeholder engagement and influencing position responsible for building credibility both within the company and externally. This role also offers a unique opportunity, for the right individual to be a key part of the strategic future by helping to shape the strategy for the business.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Director of Sales and Business Development will:
- Perform market analysis to determine key opportunities, challenges, and gaps.
- Execute a plan to achieve year-over-year orders growth in region.
- Develop strong relationships with regional customers and partners.
- Support development of three-year strategic plan and annual operating plans.
- Manage Sales and Business Development teams to achieve annual and strategic plan.
- Build the companies brand, through performance, customer focus, capability leadership, ethical business practices, and integrity.
- Align with sector specific objectives through program management, product management, and other functions.
- Shape segment product and capabilities portfolio to align with market trends and customer needs.
- Build organizational capability in region and key countries.
- Hire and retain diverse talent.
- Advocate for team’s career and professional development.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be an experienced Director of Sales and Business Development within a technology solutions organisation providing to the Defence sector. You will have experience across the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience OR Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience OR in lieu of a degree, minimum of 19 years of prior related experience
- Prior relevant experience, working ideally within a Defence Industry
- Proven track record of major complex contract bid development, win and commercial management that meets strategic targets including cost, profitability, efficiencies of scale and market share;
- The ability to develop, foster and sustain extensive and demanding multiple stakeholders and long-term customer relationships and the gravitas to be able to influence and effectively operate at the most senior levels of a Global matrix organisation, as well as high-status Government, Defence and industry partner stakeholders;
- Ability to travel regularly on a global basis required (up to 50%)
- Experience in a multi-cultural global business
- Proven success in fast-moving, multi-national change management situations
- Strong experience and network within the defined region
- Led organizations with demonstrated strong focus on metrics, data, and financial results.
- Ability to lead through influence, manage through ambiguity, and demonstrate courage, if required
- Ability to identify and pursue technology and innovation initiatives that align to the company’s ambition and strategy.
- High energy, proactive, dynamic, and committed leader who instils passion in both internal and external audiences.
- Strategic agility in shifting easily between the strategic and tactical, the conceptual and concrete.
If you are excited by the prospect of the challenges and enjoy rolling up your sleeves, we want to hear from you.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.Apply Now