Front Desk Associate
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Front Desk Associate
Job Code: AS20211301-55307
Job Location: Pueblo, CO
The Front Desk Associate is a critical position at L3 Harris Doss Aviation Initial Flight Training. They are the first contact students, employees, and the public have with the lodging department. It is therefore necessary to have professional and friendly customer service skills. The first impression sets the tone for every other interaction an individual will have with lodging. The Front Desk Associate must be organized, detail oriented, an excellent communicator, and enjoy interacting with people. Basic math skills, excellent computer skills, and precise record keeping are all vital to success as a Front Desk Associate. Proper telephone and email etiquette are also required. Conflict resolution is an integral part of the Front Desk Associate’s skill-set utilized on a daily basis. Effective communication with all departments is essential. This position also necessitates being able to work unsupervised and willing to take the initiative to ensure the department is effective, organized, and as efficient as possible. The Front Desk Associate must also be trained in the proper procedure for reporting, securing, clean-up and disposal of any blood pathogen or bodily fluid spills, in accordance with the OSHA Blood-Borne Pathogen Standard and other safety guidelines instituted by Doss.
- Practice excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Proper and safe operation of the computers and office machines located at the Front Desk.
- Maintain Front Desk and Mail Room areas in a sanitary and germ-free condition through cleaning and disinfecting.
- Answer and direct in-coming calls on a multi-line phone system with accuracy.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc. Be knowledgeable in the use of proper protective equipment and always cognizant of the location of the nearest MSDS binder.
- Utilize time management skills in organizing work day, ensuring all tasks will be completed in a timely manner.
- Set up all classes for Doss Initial Flight Screening in computer software and the individual class folders including both lodging and shuttle requirements.
- Set up check-in forms for the IT Department and Security for each class.
- Set up group contracts and forecasts. Enter all individual and group reservations, including room assignments.
- Receive student itineraries and record all pertinent information on appropriate logs and forms.
- Follow proper procedures for checking out all students and guests.
- Handle cash drawer, sell postage, make change and reconcile transactions at the end of one’s shift.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail. Notify employees and students when they have mail, and maintain an incoming package log.
- Read, utilize, and abide by the current Policy and Procedure Manual. Refer to it whenever necessary.
- Make suggestions for improving Front Desk efficiency, time management, and cost effectiveness.
- This position requires good physical and excellent mental health. The Front Desk Associate will be required to sit or stand for long periods of time, lift up to 25 pounds, walk, and also be available to work a flexible schedule. She/he must be responsible for consistent attendance, punctuality, taking the initiative and consistent work performance during scheduled work times.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.