A & P Mechanic
Pueblo, ColoradoJob ID AS20212202-56941
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: A&P Mechanic I
Job ID: AS20212202-56941
Job Location: Pueblo, CO
L3Harris Doss Aviation is hiring a full-time A&P Mechanic I for our Initial Flight Training (IFT) Program for the United States Air Force (USAF) located in Pueblo, CO. The A&P Mechanic I performs routine maintenance on Diamond DA-20 airframes and complies with all safety requirements.
- Inspect Diamond DA-20 Airframe, Engine, and Propeller systems while performing 50 hour and 100 hours inspections
- Assist with Annual Inspections, perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft components.
- Test aircraft operations to identify malfunctions.
- Adjust, align and calibrate aircraft using hand tools, gauges, etc. Perform oil changes, battery service, hydraulic system service, wheel & tire tear down/build up, and other aircraft servicing tasks or duties as assigned by Maintenance Management.
- Ensure compliance with FAA part 145 Repair Station and company standards.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of aircraft interiors and exteriors.
- Resolve technical problems and troubleshoot unusual repairs.
- Perform maintenance compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, and US Air Force FOD and safety programs.
- Operate support equipment that is used in removal and installations of aircraft components.
- Use, maintain and store company-provided tools and equipment in safe and proper manner.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- At least 1 year in the aircraft maintenance field
- License(s)/Certificate(s) Required: FAA A&P Certification
- Computer Skills: Minimal
- Specialized Skills: Composite repairs
- Other Details: Basic aircraft hand tools and personal toolbox required. Tool box must be shadowed.
- Must possess a currently valid Driver's License
- Working Conditions: Indoors, outdoors, off-site, and in varying weather conditions
- Work Schedule: Mon - Fri, Shifts vary. Occasional weekends and holidays, as required. This could shift from a Monday-Friday to a Tuesday – Saturday depending on the increased flying requirements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.