Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Technician D (Secret Aircraft Quality Assurance Inspector)ty Assurance Inspector
Point Mugu, Naval Air Warfare Center, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220607-86317
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician D (Secret Aircraft Quality Assurance Inspector)
Job Location: Point Mugu, CA NAS
Job Code: ETSD
L3Harris is actively seeking for an Engineering Technician D (Secret Aircraft Quality Assurance Inspector) for our Point Mugu, CA NAS location for a direct hire opportunity. We offer great competitive benefits and a great place to start your career. This position does require an ACTIVE Secret security clearance in order to apply. Additionally, can only be a US Citizen. No dual citizenship.
L3Harris is actively seeking a successful candidate will be experienced in performing Quality Management related tasks as required in support of engineering, testing, and production for the program. Primary responsibilities will be to ensure compliance to NAVAIRIST 3710.1, DCMA INST 8210, and/or CNAFINST 4790. They will also provide technical assistance and guidance during aircrew de-briefs and perform towing, marshalling, and positioning of aircraft on flight line.
- Airframes and Powerplants (A&P license required) + a minimum of 6 years aircraft maintenance experience. May substitute education with an additional 2 years related experience and a High School diploma / GED.
- Working knowledge of Navy QAR functions, ASM, CSEC and performing audits.
- Able to read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, T.O specs, and engineering specifications.
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, and aircraft tow vehicles.
- Must complete a flight line physical.
- Must be able to climb, including ladders, stairs, and portable stands and navigate these without assistance.
- Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odor, and dust.
- Must be able to maneuver up to 50 pounds.
- Must have own tools. If hired, tools must be etched and shadowed. L3Harris will provide the material to complete this task.
- Must wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Work schedule can be 7 days a week, up to 20% overtime, and travel up to 25% to support the Mission.
- Must have a current Secret clearance
Preferred Skills (beyond required):
- Experience with the Navy’s NALCOMIS/OOMA/ASM/CSEC computer system is preferred. Full System Quality Assurance experience on P-3 and P-8, or other relevant aircraft experience.
- P-8 Aircraft Safe for Flight release qualification is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.