Systems Engineer, Specialist
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
This Systems Engineer will be part of a team developing requirements, conceptualizing a design, validating and testing that design through modeling and/or laboratory mock-ups. This team member will integrate complex, specialized hardware/software systems on ground, maritime, or airborne ISR platforms.
- Understand physical architectures incorporating voice, video, and data capability across multiple security domain
- Review and edit electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements
- Perform systems engineering trade study processes
- Understand test, integration, verification, and validation planning
- Write effective verification test procedure ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals
- Current SECRET security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical/Software Engineering or Technical related discipline
- Four (4) years of experience in an Electrical/Software related field
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with related DoD Security / Information Assurance requirements
- Computer architectures including computer bus standards
- Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Networking (LAN) interface standards and protocols to include Cisco server hardware
- Software configuration management, hard drive imaging and up-classing procedures
- Handling of classified materials, CCI and government owned equipment
- Knowledgeable of industry standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE), verification and validation (V&V)
- Administration techniques on classified and unclassified computer systems
- Line of Sight (LoS) and satellite tactical radio systems
- Communications Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) methods and procedures
- Use of Government classified networks, email, and land lines
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.