L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Subcontracts Manager
Job Code: AS20200701-38613
We are searching for a Subcontracts Manager in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano,TX
Responsible for program subcontracting activities crucial to program success by applying a firm knowledge of procurement, project management, and legal procedures, policies and regulation.The Subcontracts Manager aims to maintain or improve cost, schedule, and quality; and improve profitability of their assigned programs.
Major Job Activities:
- Intellectual Property License agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, Teaming Agreements, etc.
- Enforcing performance guarantees and remedies, where necessary, to maintain a high level of performance. Addresses quality and design concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
- Interfacing, stimulating, coordinating, supporting and assessing the contribution from the other company functions in terms of information necessary to finalize and manage subcontracts (i.e. SOW’s, Program Schedules. Business Strategy Plans, other).
- Managing subcontracts by ensuring an adequate flow of information among the several company functions and the Subcontractors; and, promoting, monitoring and coordinating the resolution of action items necessary to the successful execution of the assigned subcontracts.
- Monitoring financials associated with assigned subcontracts and assessing the health of the subcontracts throughout their life-cycle, taking the necessary measures to make the subcontracts a success and identifying and managing the necessary corrective actions to resolve critical issues.
- Actively works to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities. Initiates and supports supplier qualification when new sources are required.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Review open invoices and insures timely two-way or three-way match requirements to keep all suppliers current.
- Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
- Support program and company objectives/needs and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S Citizen with abiity to obtain and maintain DoD secret clearance .Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or other related field.
- 8+ years professional experience in any combination of subcontract management, purchasing, supply chain management, material management, project management, legal, or engineering; with a minimum of 4 years experience in subcontract management.
- Experience interacting with DCMA, DCAA, and other federal agencies.
- Direct experience and compliance with Truth in Negotiation Act (PL-87-653).
- Strong understanding of UCC, Terms & Conditions, financial analysis, and supplier risk mitigation.
- Strong understanding of FARS/DFARS.
- Must be independent and able to work with little direction.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- Firm understanding of procurement practices.
- Experience negotiating and managing major subcontracts for cost, schedule, and quality.
- Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex statement of work and specification documents, and drawings.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO or AS.
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong analytical background.
- Experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
- Comprehensive experience managing cost reimbursable (CR, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, T&M, Labor Hour, etc.) type subcontracts.
- Experience or education with a MRP system.
- Experience with Deltek’s Costpoint system.
- Work experience in non-procurement role, such as engineering, operations tech, quality, program management.
- Experience with Earned Value Management methodology and techniques (either managing subcontracts subject to EVM or participating in reporting for prime contracts subject to EVM).
- Professional certifications from ISM, APICS, NCMA, or other organization
- Masters of Business Administration
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.