Sr Spec, Procurement
Plano, TexasJob ID AS20213003-58860
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Procurement
Location: Plano, TX
The Sr. Specialist, Procurement will be integrated with the assigned programs/business area and is responsible for procuring goods and services to support program requirements, interfacing with suppliers, and ensuring compliance with Government and corporate policies and requirements.
- Performs daily procurement activity (placing PO’s and maintain PO documentation) by processing requisitions and performing appropriate analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements in support of manufacturing and program activities.
- Addresses quality concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
- Develops and enhances relationships with strategic supplier/partners; serves as the primary contact with suppliers, and supports the initial qualification and then fostering a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
- Actively works to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Coordinates quality issues with suppliers as required and manages supplier returns.
- Reviews open invoices and insure timely three way match requirements to keep suppliers current.
- Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience within direct material procurement.
- Must be independent and able to work with little direction.
- Analytical problem-solving capability.
- Experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Minimum 2 years’ of subcontract management experience
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience sourcing electronic and mechanical custom components; particularly Circuit Card Assemblies.
- Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex part drawings and specifications.
- Experience with Import/Export Compliance.
- Familiarity with Government regulations/requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, ITAR, and FARS/DFARS.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO or AS.
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5 year update
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- BA/BS in Engineering, Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or other related field and/or equivalent experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.