Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Associate, Software Engineering (Applications)
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20221108-88549
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Associate, Software Engineering (Applications)
Job Code: IMS20221108-88549
Job Location: Plano, TX
As a Software Engineering Sr Associate, you will be responsible for the requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, and integration of application software.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Design, document, and develop software for systems in accordance with the Software Development Process and coding standards and guidelines
- Collaborate daily with team members in an Agile Scrum environment
- Participate in requirements development and software design/code reviews
- Participate in Systems Test and Integration efforts
- Document, test, integrate software for release
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearances as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Other duties as required
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience developing software for/on Linux
- Experience developing software on a team
- Fluent in modern C++ and the C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- Excellent problem-solving skills (root cause analysis experience)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Computer/Software Engineering field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience developing application software in modern C++
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodologies
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field and/or equivalent experience desired.
- Active DoD clearance with current 6 year update
- Experience with AI/ML
- Experience with Cloud Native development/technologies
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Git / Feature Branch workflow
- Experience with UML/MBSE
- Familiarity with RF/Radar technologies
- Defense industry experience with weapon systems development/integration
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Experience using container frameworks such as Docker
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience using a DevOps process for continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.