Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Systems Engineer (Navigation and Controls)
Plano, Texas; Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20222911-93979
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer (Navigation and Controls)
Job Code: IMS20222901-93979
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA or Plano, TX
Controls System Engineer Position Overview:
Using first-principles thinking, GNC engineers use a foundational understanding of physics combined with multi-disciplinary experience to architect, design, develop and evaluate system capability to help steer a program’s path forward. GNC Engineers are responsible for simulation and software development,implementation, testing, and analysis to support a variety of EO/IR sensor payloads.
We are looking for a team addition to expand our technical expertise maturing EO/IR-system dynamics, navigation and controls solutions. Candidates will accept Systems Engineering responsibilities consisting of requirements derivation, architectural and design approach, analysis, development, integration & test of electro-optic systems. This encompasses controls and navigation functions for remote airborne, ground, and maritime surveillance systems. Influence through collaboration encompasses mechanical, electrical, software and optical engineering functions.
About L3Harris Technologies Sonoma EO
L3Harris Sonoma EO, located in Santa Rosa, CA is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Support simulation/software development and task scoping/status
- Develop multi-domain dynamic sensor models with active and passive elements
- Develop mission enabling pointing and target state estimation algorithms
- Design and tune controllers for optical payload stabilization and motion control
- Integrate a suite of inertial and aiding sensors feedback for Navigation state estimation
- Analyze system performance and sensitivities as part of architectural and configuration trades
- Support Growth of dynamic system modeling, Control and Navigation through creation of process/technical resources
- Create design/results for presentation to internal and external customers
- Analysis support of root-cause failure identification and resolution studies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain DoD secret clearance. Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or Mathematics (Advanced degree preferred)
- 5-8 Years w/ BS
- 3-6 Years w/MS
- 0-3 Years w/PhD
- Demonstrated Technical Capability in at least one GNC discipline
- Target State Estimation, Navigation, Control Theory, Dynamic System Modeling
- Demonstrated Behavioral Competencies
- Positive Attitude, Mentoring, Emotional Intelligence, Teaming, Delegation, Work Ethic
- Demonstrated Communication Skills
- Written, verbal, and presentation for internal and external customers
- Frequent and actionable status to program/technical/functional lead
- Working Technical Skills
- Excellent problem solving and math skills
- Proficiency with MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, and Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with a variety of optical sensors and stabilization
- Familiarity with a variety of navigation sensors (GPS, Inertial)
- Familiarity with unconventional navigation aids for GPS denied operation ( image-aiding, terrain-matching)
- Background in physics/rigid body dynamics
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.