L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Position: Subcontracts Specialist
Location: Plano, TX
Requisition Number: AS20201906-46776
|In the Subcontracts Specialist role, under supervision of the Supply Chain Manager and close coordination with program personnel, you will be responsible for program subcontracting activities crucial to program success. Applying a firm knowledge of procurement, project management, and legal procedures, policies and regulation, the Subcontracts Manager aims to maintain or improve cost, schedule, and quality; and improve profitability of their assigned programs.|
Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Develop and enhance relationships with suppliers; serves as the primary contact for both internal and external communications related to the program’s major subcontracts, and fosters a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management
- Draft and negotiate subcontracts, which may include engineering design and development subcontracts, material or production subcontracts, Intellectual Property purchase agreements, Intellectual Property License agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, Teaming Agreements, etc
- Enforce performance guarantees and remedies, where necessary, to maintain a high level of performance.
- Address quality and design concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
- Interface, stimulate, coordinate, support and assess the contribution from the other company functions in terms of information necessary to finalize and manage subcontracts (i.e. SOW’s, Program Schedules. Business Strategy Plans, other).
- Manage subcontracts by ensuring an adequate flow of information among the several company functions and the Subcontractors; and, promoting, monitoring and coordinating the resolution of action items necessary to the successful execution of the assigned subcontracts.
- Monitor financials associated with assigned subcontracts and assess the health of the subcontracts throughout their life-cycle, take the necessary measures to make the subcontracts a success and identifying and managing the necessary corrective actions to resolve critical issues.
- Actively work to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities. Initiates and supports supplier qualification when new sources are required.
- Drive cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Review open invoices and insures timely two-way or three-way match requirements to keep all suppliers current.
- Reduce procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
- Support program and company objectives/needs and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.