Software Systems Engineer 4
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Position: Software Systems Engineer 4
Location: Plano, TX
As a Software Systems Engineer 4, you will be responsible for software and programmable logic system architecture. You will lead a software systems engineering team in development, implementation, testing, and analysis of technical products and systems. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Software/Programmable Logic (PL) requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
- System design synthesis of simple systems
- Define processing architecture to include FPGA and GPU based processing
- Lead verification of software/PL requirements
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Develop, track and present technical metrics during internal and external program meetings
- Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
- Developing processes and standards for software/PL architectures
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update and able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Exposure to programmable logic design flow, including pinout definitions, code generation and timing closure
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a related engineering field with some systems engineering experience
- Software architecture, design, development and test experience
- Design, development and/or testing of radar or sensor processing and experience with radar system components including antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor
- Previous experience in requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
- Proficiency with Matlab and C, C++, Python, VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with FPGA capabilities, limitations, and applications
- Continuous integration, defense industry experience, and working knowledge of military standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Science
- Systems engineering experience in complex system development
- Familiarity with DOORs and Radar processing modes
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.