Software Engineer 3 -Architect
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Software Engineer 3- Architect
Job Code: AS20200906-46338
Location: Plano, TX
L3Harris Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
We are searching for a Software Engineer 3- Architect our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano, TX.
As a Software Engineer 3- Architect you are responsible for analyzing complex requirements,overseeing and providing technical guidance and leadership in the development of new software architecture designs for software systems that could include embedded and application software.
Major Job Activities:
- Responsible for the evaluation, design, and development of software systems, including creating architectural approaches for software design and implementations to guide the development team.
- Collaborates with engineers from all disciplines to determine functional and non-functional requirements for software systems.
- Collaborates with Customers to identify business requirements.
- Employs Model Based Systems Engineering methodologies and tools to create representations of functionality and interfaces of the software system.
- Defines all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Contribute to the development of software requirement specifications for the software system
- Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of the software test plans and procedures
- Lead a team of software engineers to meet program objectives through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Other duties assigned
- Must be a U.S Citizen with existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update. Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field with required years of software experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing and building complex software systems/applications
- Familiarity with system modeling and the ability to describe the system using standard artifacts (e.g. DoDAF, SysML, UML)
- Experience creating UML artifacts to fully describe software architecture and design
- Experience estimating and justifying size/cost/schedule of a software development effort
- Experience evaluating and choosing technologies that facilitate and enable implementation of the architecture
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Experience writing project documentation and creating development standards
- A minimum of 5 years experience developing in C++
- Broad, extensive and modern knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the software engineering discipline
- Understanding of Agile or Evolutionary development methodologies (or similar)
- Understanding of software metrics and performance measures
- Experience developing software in/for Linux (e.g. gcc, make, cmake, llvm, valgrind, gdb)
- Comfortable scripting (e.g. python, bash)
- Fluent in C++, the STL, and C++ 11/14/17 features
- Knowledge of design patterns (e.g. MVC, Factory, Builder)
- Good communication and leadership skillsDemonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Familiarity with systems engineering development methodologies, such as Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience designing systems for embedded systems
- Familiarity with RF design/concepts
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit