Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior. Specialist, Systems Engineer (Cyber Security)
Plano, Texas; Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20232601-96295
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineer (Cyber Security)
Job Code: SAS20232601-96295
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA or Plano, TX
Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineer (Cyber Security)
L3Harris Sonoma EO is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in a career in embedded Cybersecurity (Anti-Tamper, cybersecurity, Supply Chain Risk Management, and Software Assurance) for secure system products. This role is a technical role requiring individuals to apply their technical knowledge and experience to enable program compliance with program protection requirements across the entire life-cycle of systems acquisition, including research, design, development, implementation, and testing of security architecture measures. In addition to mastering embedded systems security development, success in this position requires an ability to understand the overall system, apply creative thinking and perform work with extreme attention to detail. This role requires the individual to physically work on-site with limited remote work opportunities
About L3Harris Technologies-Sonoma EO
L3Harris Sonoma EO, located in Santa Rosa, CA is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job:
- Develop embedded system Cybersecurity strategies and solutions that complies with DoDI 5200.39 and/or DODI 8510.01 (Risk Management Framework (RMF))
- Define program protection approach with operational concepts, develop and maintain Program Protection Implementation Plans (PPIPs), and obtain customer concurrence
- Design and develop HW and/or SW Cybersecurity architectures, identify key capabilities, and synergize system security requirements with system tactical requirements
- Champion the development, integration, and verification of holistic system security solutions and align with the program’s systems engineering process
- Perform risk remediation cost-benefit-analysis for a variety of solutions
- Develop and mature Cybersecurity artifacts for compliance with regulatory standards and contractual requirements
- Create, release, maintain, and align systems engineering documentation including specifications, reports, plans, technical memos, and presentations
- Hands-on development and support of system and subsystem integration, technical risk assessment, technical planning, verification and validation, maintainability & supportability analyses, and HW/SW destruction
- Coordinate with other multidisciplinary Engineering teams to develop, integrate, and test products; and resolve tactical operations, maintenance operations, and interface issues between HW units
- Develop models and architectural development guidelines for implementation into future products and systems
- Technical Acumen – demonstrated through successful product and systems development experiences involving implementation of program protection architectures and techniques
- Requirements Development – demonstrated ability to enter the customer’s environment, discover how the customer will use the system, translate the voice of customer into models and requirements; additional skill in successfully influencing system at the end customer desired
- Creative Solutions – direct contribution to solutions that integrate multiple disciplines and technologies into system architectures; requires understanding of end-user mission objectives as well as interplay between technologies and engineering design
- System Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis – a track record of developing solutions for operational environments, performing trade studies, comparing alternative architectures, pragmatic estimation of unknown parameters
- Execute Verification and Validation – hands-on completion of verification and validation of system requirements, tactical operation, and maintenance operation
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent STEM degree
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a current DoD security clearance
- 6+ years of progressive, technical (hands-on) experience related to Design and Development in (HW/SW) Anti-Tamper, Cybersecurity, and/or Software Assurance
- 2+ years experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time Embedded security-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Experience in design, analysis and implementation of embedded (HW/SW) design
- Experience with System Integrity, NSA Security design, Risk Management Framework (RMF), or related field
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree(s) preferred.Experienced in writing and presenting papers on research topics (aka “White Papers”).
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, requirements analysis tools (e.g., DOORS), Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools, and peer review products
- Experience interfacing with and presenting to senior program and functional management
- Understanding of defense products for the environments and platforms L3Harris supports
- Has experience working with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers on embedded systems Front-end concept development for new product.
- Experience in developing system-level requirements, defining system tests, creating test plans, hands-on test/demo execution, and verification of requirements
- Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
- Demonstrated organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities Project Engineering/Program Management of aerospace products
- Demonstrated experience with written and verbal communications to technical and non-technical personnel
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $100,000-$186,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.