Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Contracts
Plano, Texas; Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20210508-66934
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Contracts
Job Code: IMS20210508-66934
Job Location: Plano, TX (ability to commute to Greenville 2-3 times per week)
L3 Harris is actively seeking an experienced Senior Specialist, Contracts for a direct hire opportunity for our location in Plano, TX (with an ability to commute to Greenville, TX up to 2-3 days per week). We do offer competitive wages with benefits and offer a generous relocation package.
This position in the Aviation Services sector of the (IMS) Integrated Mission Systems segment will join a Contracts team responsible for a diverse business area, with defense customers from various USG Departments and Agencies, various foreign governments, as well as large and small business prime contractors.
- Influences successful business outcomes in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income and free cash flow for new and continuing programs.
- Provides business, contractual and risk mitigation strategy guidance.
- Analyzes new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Protects the interest of the company by understanding and interpreting contractual terms and conditions.
- Utilizes working knowledge of regulations including Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), FAR supplements (e.g. DFARS) and other agency regulations.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Proven track record of successful contract management across a variety of contracts types and customers, including resolution of disputes, equitable adjustments, and renegotiation based on issues which arise during the program.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- May manage large projects or processes that are both inside and outside of immediate job area.
- Typically responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees.
- Typically responsible for managing complex projects at this level, involving delegation of work and review of work products.
- Work consists of making moderate to substantial improvement or enhancements to systems and processes to improve performance of job area.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are complex and may require comprehensive information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem.
- Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties.
- Problems are generally solved through creative solutions, drawing from prior experience and in-depth analysis of issues
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires US citizenship.
- Experience working with Defense customers
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management
- Robust skills in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficiency in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses
- Ability to constructively challenge others and take a robust stance when required to promote or defend the company’s position.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.