Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Systems Engineering (Radar Modeling and Algorithms)
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20223011-94082
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Title: Scientist, Systems Engineering (Radar Modeling and Algorithms)
Job ID: IMS20223011-94082
Location: Plano, TX
As a Scientist, Systems Engineering (Radar Modeling and Algorithms), you will provide technical leadership and take an active role in growing AS&T’s RF signal processing, simulation, and algorithm development capabilities. You will provide the expertise to develop algorithms for various RF Skills that support our next generation multi-function RF sensor products, deliver customer focused analysis to address a variety of capability gaps and propose advanced concepts and technology applications.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Provide expertise in RF signal processing, simulation, and algorithm development for various RF skills or modes
- Grow RF signal processing, modeling, and simulation capabilities
- Develop cost, schedule, and execution plans for complex programs
- Provide leadership through design, development, integration, and test activities
- Control Account Management of Simulation / Algorithm development projects
- Update development process and policies, recommend tools, and influence team strategy
- Analyze data from data collection and design verification test efforts
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Present results during internal and external program meetings
- Mentor junior engineers
- Participate in proposal activities, both cost and technical
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD clearance with current 6 year update
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, math, or a related field
- Minimum 12 years of experience with RF modeling, algorithm development, or signal processing
- 10 years experience in Radar Signal Processing and experience with other RF Skills
- Experience in simulation development and performance analysis of RF systems
- Experience with digital signal processing techniques
- Experience w/C++, Matlab, or Python
- Demonstrated experience with mathematics
- Demonstrated experience and ability to summarize detailed finding or plans for client or L3Harris leadership
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters degree in engineering, science, math, or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in guidance, navigation and control
- Background in communication theory
- Experience with Digital Array Sensors
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.