Radar Systems Engineer 4 - OSA
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Radar System Engineer 4 - OSA
Job Code: AS20201409-50581
Job Location: Plano, TX
We are currently looking for a Senior Radar System Engineer to hold responsibility for Open Systems Architecture concepts relating to radar system design and analysis in our Advanced Systems and Technology (AS&T) division. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to provide leadership and mentorship for proprietary programs in our agile environment.
- Open Systems Architecture (e.g. COARPS) efforts
- Consortium based participation and Standards experience
- Direct activities of integrated product team
- Radar requirements definition, flow down and traceability to include CDRL management
- Radar system synthesis and conceptualization in a design-to-cost environment
- Radar performance prediction in benign, cluttered and EA environment
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in radar system requirements development, analysis, design, integration, verification and test.
- Strong RF background with a working knowledge of electronic scanned antennas, receivers, exciters and digital signal processing
- Understanding of radar processing, such as pulsed Doppler, pulse compression, MTI, SAR, ATR, STAP, tracking, sensor fusion, etc.
- Understanding of EVMS metrics and Design-to-Cost development
- Experience writing OOP C++, Python, and Matlab
- Understanding of radar signal processing chain
- Understanding of radar hardware chain
- Experience using software frameworks
- Experience developing radar signal processing algorithms
- Knowledge of generic sensor hardware chains
- Knowledge/understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) (ie Cameo)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 10%; support field testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced Engineering Degree
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) (ie Cameo)
- Radar system simulation and modeling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to support hands on product integration over multiple products
- Experience balancing and prioritizing competing stakeholders needs while driving towards an overall vision
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Experience with integrated flight simulations (e.g. AFSIM)
- Generate proposals and white papers to generate new business
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation) and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent people skills; collaboration in a multi-disciplinary and diverse dynamic team environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.