Radar Modeling and Simulations Engineer 4
Plano, TexasJob ID AS20210704-59329
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Radar Modeling and Simulations Engineer 4
Req #: AS20210704-59329
As a Radar Modeling and Simulations Engineer, you will lead a team in the development of simulations and radar signal processing algorithms that will be embedded in our software-defined radar systems. You will be part of a cross-functional team of engineers in the design, development, implementation, and testing of our RF seeker products. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Take lead role in developing algorithms and simulations
- Analyze data from data collection and design verification test efforts
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Exploration of new problem solution areas with innovative concepts and approaches
- Present results during internal and external program meetings
- Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
- Control account management for radar algorithm development projects
- Develop, track and present technical metrics
- Mentor junior engineers
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in signal processing experience
- Experience with signal processing algorithms
- Proficient with MATLAB, C++, or Python
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- RF Seeker or related signal processing experience is highly desired.
- Experience with radar signal processing algorithm development
- Radar simulation design and development experience
- Familiarity with digital array radar is highly desired.
- Project planning and tracking, cost account management, Microsoft project.
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required
- Advanced degree highly preferred
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organization success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
• Ability to travel up to 10%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.