Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Program Finance Manager
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20220911-93294
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Program Finance – Mission Systems
Job Code: IMS20220911-93294
Job Location: Plano, Texas
The Manager, Program Finance will be responsible for a portfolio of programs in the Mission Systems Division of Advanced Systems & Technologies. Primary job responsibilities are leading the Mission System Finance team, analyzing program data, generating financial reports, conduct root cause variance analysis, and provide guidance and outlook on the financial status of the assigned programs to the Integrated Product Team (IPT) and internal senior leadership.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Serve as Finance point of contract to the Program Management Office.
- Lead the organization in generating monthly financial forecasts.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor junior level analysts.
- Lead EVMS, and variance analysis.
- Oversee program budgeting, controls, performance, and variance analysis includes supporting program reviews and helping program managers with cost reduction efforts including early identification of forecast shortfalls and the timely execution of countermeasures developed during the EAC and variance analysis process.
- Program revenue recognition and cash forecasting responsibilities include manage, coordinate, and maintain the financial and planning activities of the business’s program portfolio, including monthly bookings/sales/EBIT/cash flow forecasting and analysis.
- Responsible for overseeing proposal pricing efforts, financial tables, payment schedules/milestones generation, and supporting proposal reviews.
- Manage Mission System Finance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, planning and training employees. Coach, counseling, monitor, and appraise staff performance.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing Mission System OH spending budgets and capital equipment expenses; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD clearance with current 5 year update
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Minimum 9 years prior related experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters degree in Business or related field and/or equivalent experience desired
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.