Model Based System Engineer 4
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Model Based Systems Engineer 4
Location: Plano, TX
As a Senior Specialist Systems Engineer focused on model based engineering principles, you will be responsible for Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) activities for a Systems Engineering team across a business area that focuses on radar/RF/sensors programs for our US warfighters. Using this expertise, you'll support advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Implementation of MBSE artifacts and Digital Analysis Tools
- Implement current processes and methodologies being utilized on programs for the development of program level data threads and system models
- Present on model implementation and usage to new users, consumers, and leaders
- Develop the architecture for the integrated systems and test model
- Oversee all modeling activities, set run rules for model development
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
- System design synthesis of complex electronic systems
- Perform trade studies on a variety of system issues and components
- Present results during internal and external program meetings
- May lead small engineering team
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science;
- 7+ years of experience in a related engineering field with some systems engineering experience
- Previous experience in a Model-Based System Engineering environment
- Experience in design, development and/or testing of radar and/or other RF system
- Experience with radar system components including antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
- Defense industry experience
- Working knowledge of military standards
- Proficient with MBSE tools (Magic Draw or Rational Rhapsody)
- Proficiency in SysML and DODAF/UPDM/UAF
- Proficient with DOORS
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree is highly desired
- Familiarity with a variety of radar types and modes
- Previous experience with guided weapons and/or weapon systems
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite, specifically Confluence
- Proficient with MATLAB
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.