Plano, TexasJob ID AS20211204-59597
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Machinist Eng Technician
Location: Plano, TX
Assists mechanical engineers by creation/fabrication of prototypes, installation and testing to support the development of new electro-mechanical products. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish objectives.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Fabricate engineering prototype mill, lathe and sheet metal parts in support of engineering product development.
- Evaluate schedule and organize work to be completed in machine shop.
- Ensure clean and safe operations of machinery and adherence to safety standards.
- Work from layouts, diagrams and procedures to perform testing.
- With engineer, perform engineering tests, record data & accurately document results.
- When needed, recommend modifications to components to meet desired specifications.
- Conceives, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Build test fixtures and assembly jigs used in prototyping and production.
- Conducts tests of mechanical and thermal properties for materials and components.
- Support mechanical needs at remote test sites
- Assembly of prototype mechanical or electromechanical components and systems.
- Partner with a team of engineers, designers, and other technicians to resolve technical issues associated with the prototype hardware.
- Build, test, troubleshoot and repair production subassemblies and instruments
- Assist in the development of documentation such as methods, procedures, sketches, CAD drawings, and ECNs.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience fabricating machine and sheet metal parts
- Minimum 2 years of experience with CNC programming for mills and lathes.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and processes used in electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools & power tools (such as drills, saws, wrenches, pneumatic tools, etc).
- Demonstrates ability to build production subassemblies by reading procedures, BOMs, and assembly drawings
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical or electromechanical components and systems
- Ability to perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Proficient with drafting standards, practices and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with mechanical drawing, CAM/Cad software and solid modeling software such as SolidWorks and BobCAD
- Some experience with Additive Manufacturing
- 2 years of formal technical training
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update.
- AS Degree
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.