Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Subcontracts Manager
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20221904-80907
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Lead, Subcontracts Manager
Req #: IMS20221904-80907
Location: Plano, TX
In the Lead Subcontracts role, with close coordination with program personnel, you will be responsible for program subcontracting activities crucial to program success. Applying a firm knowledge of procurement, project management, and legal procedures, policies and regulation, the Lead Subcontracts Manager aims to maintain or improve cost, schedule, and quality; and improve profitability of their assigned programs.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops and enhances relationships with suppliers; serves as the primary contact for both internal and external communications related to the program’s major subcontracts and fosters a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
- Drafting and negotiating subcontracts, which may include engineering design and development subcontracts, material or production subcontracts, Intellectual Property purchase agreements, Intellectual Property License agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, Teaming Agreements, etc.
- Enforcing performance guarantees and remedies, where necessary, to maintain a high level of performance. Addresses quality and design concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
- Interfacing, stimulating, coordinating, supporting and assessing the contribution from the other company functions in terms of information necessary to finalize and manage subcontracts (i.e. SOW’s, Program Schedules. Business Strategy Plans, other).
- Managing subcontracts by ensuring an adequate flow of information among the several company functions and the Subcontractors; and, promoting, monitoring and coordinating the resolution of action items necessary to the successful execution of the assigned subcontracts.
- Monitoring financials associated with assigned subcontracts and assessing the health of the subcontracts throughout their life cycle, taking the necessary measures to make the subcontracts a success and identifying and managing the necessary corrective actions to resolve critical issues.
- Actively works to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities. Initiates and supports supplier qualification when new sources are required.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Review open invoices and insures timely two-way or three-way match requirements to keep all suppliers current.
- Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
- Support program and company objectives/needs, and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, other related field and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum 9 years subcontract management experience in a DoD development or manufacturing environment.
- Experience interacting with DCMA, DCAA, and other federal agencies.
- Direct experience and compliance with Truth in Negotiation Act (PL-87-653).
- Strong understanding of UCC, Terms & Conditions, financial analysis, and supplier risk mitigation.
- Strong understanding of FARS/DFARS.
- Firm understanding of procurement practices.
- Experience negotiating and managing major subcontracts (≥ $2M) for cost, schedule, and quality.
- Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex statement of work and specification documents, and drawings.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO or AS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, other related field and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Comprehensive experience managing cost reimbursable (CR, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, T&M, Labor Hour, etc.) type subcontracts.
- Experience or education with a MRP system.
- Experience with Deltek’s Costpoint system.
- Work experience in non-procurement role, such as engineering, operations tech, quality, program management.
- Experience with Earned Value Management methodology and techniques (either managing subcontracts subject to EVM or participating in reporting for prime contracts subject to EVM).
- Professional certifications from ISM, APICS, NCMA, or other organization
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- An active DoD security clearance required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to DoD classified information. US Citizenship required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.