Lead, Software Systems IPT
Plano, TexasJob ID AS20212901-55810
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Software Systems IPT
Location: Plano, TX
As a Lead Software Systems Engineer, you will be the Missions Systems Integrated Product Team Lead over project software design and requirement activities, while working closely with the Program Chief Engineer. The position leads the embedded software, application software, and guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) software development activities.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV) and weapon systems using small company agility and big company experience.
- Manage the Mission Systems software development efforts including GNC, embedded, and application through task planning and control account management
- This position will work with the Systems Engineering IPT to create, maintain, and use requirements-related documentation and databases for multiple programs.
- Works with the Systems Engineering IPT in the development of concepts of employment, uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts
- Responsibility for working with the Systems Engineering IPT to lead software architecture definition, software design document development, creation and implementation of interface control documents, and risk management
- Lead software definition, development, code, unit test, integration, verification, and formal release, as well as work with the chief engineer as Product Owner for the software.
- Along with the Systems Engineering IPT, this position will be responsible for verifying all requirements are met using the approved verification method and documenting the verification results
- Travel 20%; support field testing
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance and additional clearances as required
- Minimum of BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in requirements development, software design, implementation, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems.
- System level design experience in which the applicant has led the design and integration of complex hardware/software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
- Demonstrated experience in leading software development efforts including GNC, embedded, and application software configuration items
- Experience and expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- Demonstrated expertise in Software Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include software development processes, software requirements definition, software architecture, design, and integration and test
- Experience with Earned Value Management and Control Account Management
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Possession of a current Secret or Top Secret clearance is highly desirable
- Degree or relevant coursework in Software and Systems Engineering
- Experience with and an understanding of aerospace systems, especially in the development of integrated hardware/software products
- Experience in unmanned systems
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (e.g. Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and service contracts
- Familiarity with STANAG 4586, JAUS, OMS, UCI, UAI and other common messaging architectures
- Software safety experience (e.g. design margins, timing margins, processor utilization margins, best practices for software design verification testing) is a significant plus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.