Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Software Systems Engineer
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20221905-82670
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Software Systems Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
As Lead, Software Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for software and programmable logic system architecture. You'll lead a software systems engineering team in development, implementation, testing and analysis of technical products and systems, all while working in a completely different culture and mission mindset. Our team sizes are smaller, allowing for collaboration, great ideas, and contribution from all levels in an agile product development environment. You get to solve hard problems. Your day is spent working on new and exciting technology and methodology that hasn't been done before. You're inspired to do your best work every day, because what we do matters!
- Software System Lead, driving software development activities and creating the plan to build software projects
- Software requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
- System design synthesis of simple systems in small teams
- Implementation of UML or SysML artifacts and Digital Analysis using Digital Engineering toolsets
- Implement current processes and methodologies for the development of program level data threads and system models (e.g. Agile/SCRUM based tasking via Jira, Confluence, GitHub)
- Understand tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, and Cucumber in the construction of system software designs
- Perform software unit testing, software integration and software debugging with Google Test, CppUnit, Cucumber, GDB, Iteest, Twist, Ansible and/or similar
- Present on model implementation and usage to new users, consumers, and leaders
- Define processing architecture
- Lead verification of software and systems requirements
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Frequently responsible for managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Frequently responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees across the Company within area of expertise.
- Present results during internal and external program meetings
- Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
- Develop, track and present technical metrics
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
- Developing processes and standards for software architectures
- Travel up to 10%
- Able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD clearance with current 6 year update
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a related engineering field with some systems engineering experience, preferably in complex system development
- Prior experience in design, development and/or testing of high-performance compute (HPC) processing
- Proficient with C, C++, Python
- Experience utilizing Agile scrum process
- Micro Services or other Distributed Software Architecture experience
- Continuous Integration experience
- Defense industry experience
- Working knowledge of industry technology standards or Open Architectures
- Design, development and/or testing of radar or sensor processing
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
- Software design, development and test experience
- Model Based System Engineering experience
- Working knowledge of military standards
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Science desired and/or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Familiarity with DOORs
- Familiarity with Radar processing modes
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.