Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Software Engineer
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20221008-88424
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Job Code: IMS20221008-88424
Job Location: Plano TX
About L3Harris Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Sector
The ISR Sector is one the business units within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Segment. The ISR Sector is focused primarily on the design, modification, fielding and enduring support of both tactical and strategic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft for US and international customers. The ISR Sector is headquartered in Plano, TX, and has additional operating locations in Greenville, Waco, and Rockwall, Texas, as well as Tulsa and Nashville.
L3Harris is seeking a Lead Software Engineer who will work within the Agile Development Engineering Team. The successful candidate will:
- Will work within an agile SCRUM team of approximately 15 software engineers to develop, maintain, test, and integrate software in lab and target environments.
- Design complex, intricate software systems and the required support for engineering
- Provide expertise to and coordinate with a team of cross-functional engineers to provide solutions to a large customer base, which requires both traditional, and Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) support
- Be a self-motivated team player with excellent technical and communication skills
- Develop software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation
- Document architectures, procedures, and processes in use and contribute to the improvement of the processes
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
- Support and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test
- Understand deeply Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc. including technology for the implementation of containerization
- Provide technical support for bid/proposal efforts
- Deploy open source tools and understanding of issues regarding use
- Provide leadership for multiple programs and products
- Prepare and present briefings/workshops/tutorials for supported engineers, management, customers and intra-company working groups
- Analyze continuously the DevOps environment for technical and process improvements
- Research new software concepts.
- Work with system engineers to implement and demonstrate new capabilities.
- Apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience
- OR Master’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Secret Clearance
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Broad knowledge of project management
- M.S. Degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years as a Software Architect within an agile environment
- Minimum of 5+ years of being a software lead with an object-oriented programming language (C++, Java)
- Multi-threaded development experience with C/C++, Java
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Software development experience in the Linux environment. Comfortable with shell scripting, Redhat/Centos image customization
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ability to ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Ability to support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for review
- Microservice Architectures
- Project, Build, Package Management Experience
- Version Control: Git or GoCD
- Artifact Repositories: Maven, NPM, Artifactory
- Containerization technology: Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience managing a team of software engineers
- Experience deploying/developing automated environments for software test validation
- Ability to work with flexible goals or shifting scope
- Ability to lead in team environments
- Network socket programming
- Experience with DevOps, user interface design, database structures, and statistical analyses
- Ablility to work with flexible goals or shifting scope
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.