Lead, Radar Systems Engineer
Plano, TexasJob ID AS20210103-57319
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Title: Lead, Radar Systems Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
As a Lead, Radar Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a Systems Engineering team in design, development, implementation, testing and analysis of technical radar and sensors products and systems to support the vital missions of our warfighters. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
- Plan cost, schedule and execution plan of complex development and test activities
- Develop, track and present technical performance metrics
- Perform risk assessment and develop mitigation strategies for complex projects
- Lead Systems Engineering Integrated Product Team
- System design synthesis of complex electronic systems
- Perform trade studies on a variety of system issues and components
- Perform design verification testing efforts including lab, chamber, ground and captive flight test
- Analyze data from design verification test efforts
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Present results during internal and external program meetings
- Participate in proposal activities both cost and technical
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in a related engineering field with some systems engineering experience
- Experience in design, development and/or testing of radar and/or other RF system
- Familiarity with radar system components including antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
- Defense industry experience
- Design to cost
- Working knowledge of military standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 10% to support field testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Science
- Familiarity with a variety of radar types and modes
- Previous experience with guided weapons and/or weapon systems
- Proficient with MATLAB
- Cost account manager experience
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.