Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Project Engineer
Plano, Texas; Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20232401-96099
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Project Engineer
Job Code: SAS20232401-96099
Job Location: Plano, TX or Santa Rosa, CA
L3Harris Sonoma EO is a team of visionaries located in Santa Rosa, CA (the heart of wine country and just 50 miles north of San Francisco). We offer a robust total rewards package, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, career development and recognition programs. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Job Description: We are looking for a dynamic technical leader who can drive EO/IR solutions development on projects. They will have responsibilities supporting the synthesis, definition, analysis, design, development, integration & test of electro-optic systems for airborne, ground, and maritime surveillance systems. This role has both project management and technical responsibilities with challenging timelines, working to achieve a collective goal: deliver innovative, vital solutions within a fraction of the time and cost of industry norms.
Essential Functions: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Help manage the project team with Bid’s, basis of estimates, Estimates to complete, risk assessments, schedule, earned value, technical direction, design reviews, and work packages
- Coordinates engineering resource planning to ensure program success
- Work direct on programs to drive the technical solution that meets or exceeds the customer expectation
- Directs a proactive project leadership team in driving innovative technical development.
- Is accountable to program managers and interfaces with budget analysts, contract negotiators, engineering department managers, cost account managers, chief engineers, systems and functional engineers, manufacturing personnel, subcontractor/teammate technical staff, and customers.
- Manages and mitigates project technical risks and resolves technical design issues.
- Conducts engineering project planning (including scheduling and cost estimating), to achieve program plan objectives, including day-to-day project technical execution.
- Responsible for achieving DFX, cost, schedule, and performance targets and for completing project closeout activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- High level of experience in at least 5 of the following areas and basic capability in the other areas:
- Project engineering/management experience with multi-disciplined technical team
- Very knowledgeable in life-cycle product development and in analyzing and resolving complex technical problems
- Skills in latest project planning/management tools and techniques and risk management and earned value management principles
- Possess broad-based understanding of requirements management, subsystem and system integration, development/operational testing, logistics/supportability, producibility, configuration management, and quality assurance processes.
- Skilled knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Broad knowledge of Risk Management tools and techniques.
- Hardware/Software integration, testing, and troubleshooting
- Project Engineering/Program Management of aerospace products with multi-site development teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
- Project Management – A track record of managing diverse & distributed personnel developing complex technology. Knowledge of digital engineering & modeling. An understanding of agile development environments. Ability to work seamlessly across multi-site development teams.
- Technical Acumen – Demonstrated through successful product and systems development experiences involving complex systems such as optics, detector arrays, digital video, processing electronics, pointing, stabilization, & control algorithms.
- Requirements Development – Demonstrated ability to enter the customer’s environment, discover how the customer will use the system, translate the voice of customer into requirements and trade-offs that can be evaluated via alternative designs; additional skill in successfully influencing system requirements desired.
- Creative Solutions – Direct contribution to technical solutions that integrate multiple disciplines or technologies into non-obvious system architectures that provide meaningfully unique and differentiated capability; requires understanding of current and proposed competitive solutions, key performance indicators, and end-user mission objectives as well as understanding of interplay between technologies and engineering design.
- Resource Planning – An understanding of capabilities and resource needs for the project and drive to get those resources in a matrix organization.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $120,000-223,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.