Lead, Program Management
Plano, TexasJob ID AS20211404-59760
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead,Program Manager
Job Location: Plano Tx
The Lead, Program Manager communicates, organizes, plans, and controls one or more project, program, and/or proposal team; they are the primary customer contact, voice of the customer, responsible and accountable for the program(s) quality, cost, schedule and performance. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for one or more development program (>$5M but <$25M) or production program (>$25M but <$50M), or will lead a portion of a larger program for a senior program manager or program director. All programs involve the technology development, engineering / manufacturing development (EMD), or production phase of a defense electronics product.
Artifacts created reviewed and maintained by the Sr.PM include: Proposals, Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL), Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), WBS dictionaries, Organization Breakdown Structures (OBS), Baselined Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), Control Account Plans (CAP), Work Authorization Documents (WAD), Baseline Change Requests (BCR), Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) presentations, Program Management Review (PMR) presentations, Estimate at Complete (EAC) documentation, Risk, Issues/Opportunity Registers, and Manpower Plans.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the program to include cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Work synergistically with the program Chief Engineer for the success of the program.
- Ensure aspects of the program such as risk management, configuration management, property management, subcontract management, security, and contracts are executed in accordance with contractual/purchase order and Mustang requirements.
- Ensure delivery of contractual/purchase order items such as CDRLs/SDRLs.
- Work with company functional leaders to plan, staff and tool the program.
- Primary interface to the customer on behalf of the program.
- Present management data and metrics at program meetings and customer reviews.
- Deliver Program Management Review/Estimate at Complete (EAC) presentations to company management.
- Lead proposal generation for the program.
- Support development and execution of new business strategy for the program(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions:
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in the development or production of defense electronics products.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent Program Management experience, specifically managing development or production of defense electronics products, specifically including EVMS Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities.
- Extensive skills, knowledge and experience required for all areas relating to technical program management.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Existing Secret DoD secret clearance with a current 5-year update.
- Ability to obtain additional security clearances as required.
- BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) required.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project.
- Proficient with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) techniques.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- MS or equivalent experience desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.