Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, HR Business Partner
Plano, Texas; Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20211810-71153
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead HR Business Partner
Job Code: IMS20211810-71153
Job Location: Plano, TX (Hybrid option) Note: will require travel to Greenville, TX in first month(s) of employment for training purposes.
L3Harris is looking for a results-driven HR Business Partner to support our growing business area in North Texas. This position will support our Engineering team in Plano and Greenville TX. The Lead HRBP will work with leaders and employee teams to pro-actively address the human capital objectives and needs of the business to include talent acquisition, selection, development, compensation planning, employee relations, organization effectiveness, change leadership, employee engagement & retention and communication; understanding the client area’s strategic plans and initiatives in order to provide value added recommendations. This position will report to our Director, Human Resources for the Aviation Services business.
- Partner with the HR Director to pro-actively address the human capital objectives and needs of the business to include talent acquisition, development, compensation planning, employee relations, change leadership, employee engagement & retention and communication.
- Support the HR Director in coaching leadership on matters concerning development of staff to enhance effectiveness and potential. Shifting the emphasis from resolving issues for others to building leadership capabilities to address and resolve both human and technical aspects of the work environment.
- Being actively involved with the Engineering organization’s talent through participation in the recruiting process, making compensation recommendations and participating in talent development and succession planning; actively engaging with identified key talent.
- Prepare and analyze data/reports and make recommendations to the HR Director to drive business decisions and outcomes.
- Partner with HR peers in the design and implementation of HR best-practices that effectively balance best-in-class design principles with the unique nature and needs of the business.
- Participate and/or lead projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned.
- Manage employee records, including facilitating/initiating updates in various HR systems for ad hoc employee changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Industrial & Organizational Psychology, or equivalent area and minimum 9 years’ human resources experience with demonstrated competencies in compensation administration, organizational development, inclusion and engagement, change management, legal compliance with both exempt and non-exempt personnel, and proactive problem solving. Graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires US citizenship
- Possesses strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and balance competing needs (employee and business advocacy; business unit and corporate initiatives; functional and operational agendas; etc.).
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience with coaching / influencing leadership.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Experience with HRIS systems such as PeopleFluent & PeopleSoft / SAP or Oracle Cloud HRIS talent management suite.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Technical/Engineering environment experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- Proven ability to operate successfully within a matrixed environment.
- Experience working in a government contracting environment.
- High attention to detail.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.