Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Cyber Intelligence (ISSM)
Plano, TexasJob ID SAS20231603-98489
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Cyber Intelligence (Information System Security Manager, ISSM)
Job Code: SAS20231603-98489
Job Location: Plano, TX
The Information System Security Manager (ISSM) is part of an Information Security team supporting a wide variety of existing and developing computer network and communications systems and projects. The ISSM implements goals established by leadership. The ISSM is responsible for the development and implementation of security controls required IAW Information System (IS) categorization and overlay application.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Assists leadership in managing a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation. Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of a best-in-class Cyber/IT program.
- Leads, directs, and reviews the work of colleagues.
- Must consistently interpret, implement, and maintain a highly affective Cyber/IT program built on Government policies and supplemental guidance (e.g., NISPOM/DAAPM/JSIG/RMF/NIST Series and other Customer/contract specific IA requirements).
- Identify defeciencies within program environments.
- Plans and establishes goals and objectives for the IA team, with direct impact on the immediate or short-term operational results of the department.
- Assists with managing proposal support activities.
- Execute an effective internal self-inspection program ensuring classified systems always remain in an inspection-ready state.
- Provide oversight and ensure timely delivery of various artifacts supporting RMF package artifacts to include the System Security Plan (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon), CONOPS, and other RMF BoE artifacts.
- Manages inputs into Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).
- Performs security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develops plans and procedures to address.
- Coordinates with internal/external partners to establish system security designs and validates compliance requirements.
- Monitor IA Program compliance by performing periodic self-inspections, and tests and reviews of the IS to ensure that systems are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed.
- Verify that processes/procedures/plans are implemented as stated, document deviations, and recommend required actions to correct those deviations.
- Review audit data of the IS and IS components (technical & physical) for anomalous or unauthorized activities.
- Provide leadership and oversight in absence of management.
- Participates in interdepartmental projects and provides council on Cybersecurity/IT policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals.
- Train and mentor ISSMs, ISSOs, and SAs.
- Perform other IS-related duties as assigned by leadership on “as required” basis.
- Must obtain 8570 IAM Level III Certification (CISSP, CISM etc.) within six (6) months of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Top Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD Secret clearance with current 5-year update
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 9 years prior relevant experience with multiple various operating systems and environments (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Cisco, Stand alone, LANs/WANs, Windows server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization, and other related peripherals)
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree in STEM or a related field and/or equivalent experience desired
- 8570 IAM Level III Certification (CISSP, CISM etc.)
- Experience with SPLUNK, Nessus, eMASS, and other software/systems
- Demonstrate basic organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act and complete tasks independently as well as with team support
- Experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security
- Experience with applying, searching, leveraging SCAP and STIGs
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt workload to accommodate changing project priorities
- Well versed in risk management, mitigation, and customer service
- Excellent people skills, with ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills to communicate well with team members, customers, and leadership
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act and complete tasks independently with minimal/reasonable amount of support from team members
- Experience in Special Access Program environments
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.