Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
FPGA Electrical Engineer
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20221310-91944
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
FPGA Electrical Engineer
Req #: IMS20221310-91943
Location: Plano, TX
As an FPGA Engineer, you willhave primary level responsibility for FPGA programming design tasks directed towards the creation, simulation, validation, and integration of programmable logic into targeted FPGAs embedded in broad range of radar systems and interfaces.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Responsibile for design support tasks such as requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, test plans and procedures for FPGA integration, and all relevant programmable logic description documentation.
- Engage in all aspects of product development, including concept, architecture, design, and test comment records.
- Participate in all phases of product development, including concept, requirements, architecture, coding, and verification and system integration.
- Interface with HW design engineer to assign, test and verify electrical interfaces and protocols between the FPGA and embedded system devices
- Perform test benching within industry standard simulation environments to produce bit-accurate results.
- Examine, understand, and modify existing programmable logic in order to adapt functioning code to new requirements with minimal perturbation.
- Participate in peer reviews, PDRs, CDRs, and other required design reviews
- Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews.
- Learn and follow company processes for product development, configuration management, purchasing, etc.
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Other duties as required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active DoD Clearance with current 6 year update
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in programmable logic development.
- Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers and other measurements devices
- Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers and other measurements devices.
- Experience with digital board level electrical interfaces, including ADCs, DACs, DSPs, High Speed Serdes, Flash and SDRAM.
- Experience planning, scheduling, and on-time execution of designs
- Experience working in a team to debug and solve system level problems.
- Design experience with standard interfaces and protocols, e.g., SPI, Analog Device DSP Proprietary Link Port and PPI interfaces, Flash and SDRAM.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field and/or equivalent experience desired.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of a high level verification language such as SystemVerilog and exposure to HVL methodology (such as UVM or OVM) as well as familiarity with constrained random, coverage driven testbench techniques.
- Experience with VHDL and exposure to assertion based verification (PSL or SVA) preferred.
- Understanding of fundamental DSP algorithms and implementation methods.
- Design experience with Xilinx/third part IP interfaces, e.g., DDR2, Trimode Ethernet MAC, Rapid IO, USB 3.0, and PCIe
- Exposure to the Xilinx Vivado Design Suite
- Familiarity with Python and Tcl
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.