Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Proposal Development Center of Excellence
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20231508-104751
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Director Proposal Management, Proposal Center of Excellence
Job Location – Plano, Texas
Position reports directly to the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Segment Business Development (BD) Senior Director of Capture Excellence. The Proposal Center of Excellence (CoE) position is a management position responsible for developing and implementing a CoE for application of Proposal Management Best Practices across L3Harris IMS Segment, The Proposal CoE Director leads the proposal management team including proposal mangers, coordinators, editors, graphics support, cost & pricing, scheduling and program functional resources supporting proposal development.
This position is responsible for the recruiting, training and equipping resources to lead and perform all functions included within the Proposal Process. The position is specifically responsible for ensuring competitive proposals are effective offers to win new business, fully compliant to the customers’ requirements, with compelling messages and executable (on cost & schedule) performance plans. This resource provides expertise to evaluate, develop, and translate key capture elements (Win Strategy, Customer & Competitor Intelligence, Price to Win) into the Proposals developed to respond to our most highly competitive and complex opportunities.
The Proposal CoE Director is responsible for managing the processes used to development a wide range of proposal process artifacts including (but not limited to): Win Themes, proposal outline, graphics concepts, scoring strengths, compliance matrices, and color team reviews. The Director will work together with Segment Business Development and business unit leaders to track emerging and developing opportunities and plan for potential proposal and RFI efforts to include staffing, infrastructure, tools, collaboration systems, and facilities for proposal generation. The candidate may directly lead / support high-visibility strategic proposals and regularly interface with executive leadership. This position may require significant travel to support efforts across all divisions of IMS Segment business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proposal Management: oversight, guidance and mentoring of the 4 Sector teams of proposal professional resources responsible for the development and production of proposal volumes (e.g. book bosses, proposal managers, proposal coordinators, editors, graphic designers)
- Proposal Manager: trains, coaches, mentors, and sometimes leads proposal development activities across IMS Segment competitive proposals when internal or external resources are not utilized.
- Develops tailored processes, training, tools and templates to support unique business requirements across the diverse base of competitive business the makes up the majority of New Business Orders in IMS.
- Subject Matter Expert: provides guidance in proposal development activities across IMS Segment competitive proposals – highly skilled in schedule development, proposal quality control, writing, strategy integration, reviews, and configuration management
- Primary Proposal interface with Business Development and Program Management to ensure the win strategy, customer contact plans and competitive intelligence initiatives are in place for all strategic pursuits entering “Phase 3 – Propose” of the Common Capture Process (CCP)
- Develop, maintain, and update Proposal Process documents as necessary to drive a winning culture and disciplined process application across IMS Systems; assessing and filling gaps where needed.
- Support the IMS Business Development with ad hoc analysis: Respond to or support executive sponsored special projects and reporting requirements; succinctly and accurately present findings to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience
- 10 years of experience with developing DoD proposals and OTA/MTAs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing program, project, or proposal teams responsible for delivery
- DoD TS/SCI security clearance is required
- Knowledge and application experience in Proposal Best Practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; possesses organization and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of defense, aerospace, intelligence, and adjacent markets
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, PowerPoint, Teams and Excel
- Development or similar experience (RFP Generation, Grant writing, or government RFI/SS responses)
- Understanding of Price-to-Win, Competitive Intelligence, and Cost and Pricing systems and Strategies.
- Communications mindset with skills in presenting concise messaging and translating complex technologies into understandable descriptions from multiple, often disparate, technical sources and synthesizing details into meaningful prose and graphic representations
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and oral presentation) and an exquisite attention to detail
- Ability to lead diverse, geographically dispersed team through a high pressure, short scheduled Proposal development effort delivering high quality, winning proposals
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in briefing critical BD elements required to win competitive procurements to C-suite
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.