Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Human Resources
Plano, TexasJob ID AS20211006-62614
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Human Resources
Job Code: AS20211006-62614
Job Location: Plano, Texas
- Partner with the Vice President / General Manager of a $300M business unit as the HR leader for a rapidly growing, highly technical organization operating primarily in the defense market.
- Lead a geographically dispersed team of HR professionals to implement talent strategies that support the achievement of business operating plans and strategic growth objectives, while building on the cultural foundation of the business.
- Oversee all Talent Management activity to include talent acquisition and retention, performance management and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with business leaders to create workforce and staffing plans to ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish business results.
- Ensure that an effective recruitment plan is implemented and maintained in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Drive the development of organizational capability and bench strength to deliver against key business objectives, inclusive of talent reviews, succession planning and leadership development.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership and employees, and serve as an employee advocate.
- Proactively identify and address employee relations issues to ensure a positive, employee-friendly culture.
- Implement Corporate processes and procedures with an understanding of impact to the division and effectively work with leadership at all levels to optimize operational results.
- Work with Sector, Segment and Corporate leaders to ensure the division is harmonized with L3Harris people strategies.
- Use metrics and data analytics to drive performance and make recommendations to the management team for continuous improvement.
- Participate in and/or lead projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline; Master’s or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Human Resources functions with a focus on staffing, retaining and developing talent.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and regulations.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and initiative, with a track record of delivering on commitments.
- Adaptability and the demonstrated ability to successfully operate in a matrixed environment.
- Experience with HRIS platforms and technology.
- Demonstrated experience delivering on HR metrics and reporting out on progress on regular basis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products. (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience leading complex projects with strong people management skills.
- Experience operating in an Engineering dominated working environment a plus.
Additional Skills Details:
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on tactically as well as strategically.
- Desire and ability to work as a team member is essential.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to ensure that timelines are met given frequent interruptions.
- Ability to influence, coach and consult with all levels of the organization in a positive and effective manner.
- Strong communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills, highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Passionate about continuous improvement / familiar with current market trends.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Geographically mobile for continued career growth preferable.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- U.S. Citizenship
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.